In this course, you will learn how to use Red Hat Satellite to manage the software development life cycle of a subscribed host and its configuration. You should have previous Red Hat Satellite experience, since the course will compare Red Hat Satellite 6 features and terminology with Red Hat Satellite 5.
RHCE Certification or equivalent experience
1. Red Hat Satellite installation
- Install Red Hat Satellite 6 on a server and populate it with Red Hat Enterprise Linux software content.
2. Red Hat Satellite organization
- Effectively control user access for Red Hat Satellite administration.
3. Red Hat Satellite client registration
- Register hosts to a Red Hat Satellite server, both interactively and automatically.
4. Incorporate software management into SDLC
- Control which packages hosts can install and which updates are propagated to hosts. Evaluate host deviations from corporate standards.
5. Deploy custom software using Red Hat Satellite
- Incorporate non-Red Hat software packages into a Red Hat Satellite framework.
6. Configuration management with Puppet
- Create and populate a Puppet repository within a Red Hat Satellite framework.
7. Centralized management and deployment of system configurations
- Configure hosts using Puppet.
Note: The course outline is subject to change as technology changes.