Learn how OnCommand Insight software manage and improve an organization's IT infrastructure and service management processes. This hands-on course explains the features and functions of the Insight suite of products and how they work together as a solution. You learn how Insight helps you use service policies to manage storage, plan for change, and use resources and capacity more effectively. You complete extensive exercises in which you use best practices and operational procedures to manage Insight. You also review and use data warehouse performance reporting features.
This training is for NetApp customers, and Professional Service employees and partners.
Students should watch the Getting Started video series
- OnCommand Insight Installation
- OnCommand Insight Configuration
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the four OnCommand Insight products and how they interact with each other
- Describe the three phases of OnCommand deployment
- Describe inventory, paths, policies, thresholds, violations, and vulnerabilities
- Use Insight to manage multiprotocol storage systems (FC, iSCSI. NFS, and CIFS)
- Address violations and troubleshoot performance issues
- Configure business entities, applications, and annotations, and use them for business-level reporting
- Define the data marts and data models that are in a data warehouse and describe how data is loaded into them
- Create standard and custom Insight reports