This course provides you with the knowledge and skills that you need to collect and analyze system performance data from NetApp storage systems that are running clustered Data ONTAP. You learn how to interpret data and how to identify and implement changes that improve system efficiency. You also learn how to use system commands and features to monitor and enhance storage system performance using a combination of hands-on labs, case-studies, and technical discussion.
Professionals who manage NetApp storage systems and would like a deeper understanding of Clustered Data ONTAP system performance.
The following pre-requisites or equivalent knowledge are required before taking this course:
- Clustered Data ONTAP Fundamentals
- Hands-on experience with Data ONTAP (3 to 6 months)
At the end of this course you should be able to:
- Describe how data flows through the network and protocol layers of clustered Data ONTAP
- Define performance-related terms and describe basic methodologies
- Identify the methods that can be used to monitor and analyze storage system performance
- Explain how methods and tools can be used to collect performance data
- Use command output to analyze system performance
- Use command output from case studies to identify performance bottlenecks
- Implement configuration for recommended practices for resiliency and performance
- Locate resources and information that help you maximize system performance