Welcome to the NetApp® Data ONTAP® 7-Mode Administration course. Data ONTAP 8 is the next generation data storage operating system from NetApp. Data ONTAP 8.1 builds on the stability and reliability of the Data ONTAP 8 operating system and provides new functionality that sets it apart from all of the competition. This five-day instructor-led course enables you to perform basic support and administrative functions on a NetApp storage system running the Data ONTAP system operating in 7-Mode.
The target audience is Customers, employees, and partners
- The following pre-requisites or equivalent knowledge are required before taking this course:
- Students who attend this course should have a background in system administration for UNIX® or Microsoft® Windows® operating systems.
- Data ONTAP 7-Mode Fundamentals (WBT)
- By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Identify the various components of a NetApp storage environment
- Install and perform the setup configuration of Data ONTAP
- Perform basic administration on a storage system
- Explain and configure physical and logical storage
- Identify and configure client protocols
- State virtualization techniques available in Data ONTAP
- Describe Snapshot copies and space consumption in Data ONTAP
- Discuss backup methods available in Data ONTAP