Data ONTAP® v8.3 is the next-generation data storage operating system from NetApp®. It builds on the stability and scalability of Data ONTAP 8.0.
In this course, you learn about the evolution of Data ONTAP clustering, use new features such as block protocols and System Manager 2.0, explore the benefits of scalability, discuss the architecture and functionality of a Data ONTAP cluster, and learn how to install, configure, manage, and troubleshoot a Data ONTAP cluster.
This course is intended for those who have a working knowledge of network attached storage and SAN. NetApp Professional Services, employees, partners and customers.
The following pre-requisites or equivalent knowledge are required before taking this course:
- Data ONTAP 7-Mode Administration
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Identify the benefits of Data ONTAP and explain its two modes of operation
- Describe the steps for setting up a cluster
- Manage the physical and virtual resources within a cluster
- Manage features to ensure nondestructive operations
- Identify the networking components and features of a cluster
- Implement supported cluster and management network switches.
- Diagram the architecture of a cluster
- Set up and configure SAN and NAS protocols
- Administer mirroring and data protection for a cluster
- Perform basic troubleshooting of a cluster
- Explain the notification capabilities of a cluster
- Scale a cluster horizontally
- Describe the characteristics of a cluster that affect cluster performance