This two-day course is designed to provide an introduction to the Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) feature set available on the Juniper Networks SRX Series Services Gateway. The course covers concepts, ideas, and terminology relating to providing intrusion prevention using the SRX Series platform. Hands-on labs offer students the opportunity to configure various IPS features and to test and analyze those functions. This course is based on the Junos operating system Release 10.4R1.
- Course Introduction
- Overview of IPS Functionality
- Initial Device Configuration
- IPS Terminology and Concepts
- IPS Attack Objects
- Scanning and Reconnaissance
- Blocking Evasion Techniques and Denial of Service