Microsoft Certified IT Professional: Business Intelligence Developer 2008 demonstrates that you can design analysis solutions, data transformations, and reports. Business intelligence developers design and implement multi-dimensional database models (logical and physical), data marts, data warehousing, data transforms, data analytics, and reporting solutions. This includes programming and customizing servers that use Multidimensional Expressions (MDX), customer transforms, and custom reporting solutions. Business intelligence developers are typically employed by mid- to large-sized organisations.
This two-day course is suitable for IT professionals who design and plan business intelligence (BI) solutions by using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 tools.
The new generation of Microsoft certifications
The MCITP: Business Intelligence Developer 2008 credential is part of the new generation of Microsoft certifications, which separates validation of technology and professional skills, providing a more relevant, flexible, and cost-effective way to validate core technical, professional, and architectural skills.
What are the benefits of a Microsoft MCITP Business Intelligence Developer 2008 certification
For HR managers, a Microsoft MCITP Business Intelligence Developer 2008 certification is particularly important because it allows them to more easily identify the skills that an individual possesses. When a company has employees that possess certain skills, it can garner a competitive advantage when seeking to attract customers. A Microsoft MCITP Business Intelligence Developer 2008 can also contribute to increased productivity.
- Overwhelmingly, individuals with a Microsoft MCITP Business Intelligence Developer 2008 have an advanced level of knowledge, expertise and skill, and command more professional credibility.
- Individual students may receive college credits to utilize tuition reimbursement programs for their IT training or to complete college coursework.
- Employer-funded training and certification programs are a key to retaining skilled staff. Career development and advancement opportunities employee turnover.
- Microsoft MCITP Business Intelligence Developer 2008 certification Training Programs provide benchmarks for hiring and promotion decisions by accurately assessing technical skills.
- For-certification training programs maximize educational investments through immediate validation of skills.
Microsoft certification affords special membership benefits
- Technical information, product information and exclusive discounts on products and services through a secured section of the Microsoft website.
- Microsoft logos and certificate for your personal promotion to clients or potential employers.
- Invitations to Microsoft conferences and other educational opportunities.
Other accelerated training providers rely heavily on lecture and independent self-testing and study.
Effective technical instruction must be highly varied and interactive to keep attention levels high, promote camaraderie and teamwork between the students and instructor, and solidify knowledge through hands-on learning.
HBFITES provides instruction to meet every learning need, including
- Intensive group instruction
- One-on-one instruction attention
- Hands-on labs
- Lab partner and group exercises
- Question and answer drills
- Independent study
Candidates for this certification are professionals who work in an enterprise-level organization and are designing, developing, optimizing, maintaining, and supporting SQL Server based BI environment.
The pre-requisite for the MCITP BID is the MCTS BI 2008 Implementation & Development course
During the course, delegates will learn how to design and manage reporting environments, design and deploy Integration Services packages, design an Analysis Services database, design data mining models, administer a BI Solution and design a BI architecture.
- Design control flow
- Design data flow
- Plan the deployment of SSIS packages
- Design the configuration file for an SSIS package
- Design a logging and auditing strategy
- Design report architecture
- Design a data acquisition strategy
- Define a report parameter strategy
- Design a report layout
- Design reports by using Report Builder
- Manage a report environment
- Design a mining model and structure
- Design cube architecture
- Design for international implementation
- Design a data source view
- Design perspectives
- Design and create business-driven Multidimensional Expressions (MDX) calculations
- Analyze cube performance
- Design a mining model and structure
- Design strategies for staging data for mining
- Select a strategy for visualizing data mining results
- Select data mining algorithms
- Refine testing models
- Maintain server health
- Select a subscription strategy
- Manage integration services
- Design a backup strategy
- Plan and manage upgrades
- Plan and manage reporting services configuration
- Design integration between data visualization components
- Design the data warehouse
- Plan for scalability
- Plan for performance
- Manage team development issues
- Plan the configuration of a primary data source
- Design a security strategy
You'll sit the following exam, which we guarantee you'll pass:
Exam 70-452: PRO: Designing a Business Intelligence Infrastructure Using Microsoft SQL Server 2008
Books provided for free on the course
- MCTS Self-Placed Training Kit (Exam 70-448): Microsoft SQL Server 2008 - Business Intelligence Development and Maintenance - Book/CD Package
Microsoft Official Curriculum
- MOC 6234 AK - Implementing and Maintaining Microsoft® SQL Server™ 2008 Analysis Services
- MOC 6235 AK - Implementing and Maintaining Microsoft® SQL Server™ 2008 Integration Services
- MOC 6236 AK - Implementing and Maintaining Microsoft® SQL Server™ 2008 Reporting Services
HBFITES offers top-quality technical education and certification training in an all-inclusive course package specifically designed for the needs and ease of our students. We attend to every detail so our students can focus solely on their studies and certification goals.
Our Certification Programs includes
- Intensive Hands-on Training Utilising our (Lecture | Lab | Review) Delivery
- Comprehensive Study Materials, Program Courseware and Self-Testing Software
- Fully instructor-led program with 24 hour lab access
- Examination vouchers *
- On site testing **
- Accommodation, All Meals; Unlimited Beverages, Snacks and Tea/Coffee
- Transportation to/from designated local railway stations
- Examination Passing Policy