Microsoft Certified IT Professional: Business Intelligence Developer certification demonstrates that you can design analysis solutions, data transformations, and reports. Business intelligence developers design and implement multi-dimensional database models (logical and physical), data marts, data warehousing, data transforms, data analytics, and reporting solutions. This includes programming and customizing servers that use Multidimensional Expressions (MDX), customer transforms, and custom reporting solutions. Business intelligence developers are typically employed by mid- to large-sized organisations.
This 6 day course is suitable for IT professionals who design and plan business intelligence (BI) solutions by using Microsoft SQL Server 2005 tools.
The new generation of Microsoft certifications
The MCITP: Business Intelligence Developer credential is part of the new generation of Microsoft certifications, which separates validation of technology and professional skills, providing a more relevant, flexible, and cost-effective way to validate core technical, professional, and architectural skills.
What are the benefits of a Microsoft MCITP Business Intelligence Developer certification
For HR managers, a Microsoft MCITP Business Intelligence Developer certification is particularly important because it allows them to more easily identify the skills that an individual possesses. When a company has employees that possess certain skills, it can garner a competitive advantage when seeking to attract customers. A Microsoft MCITP Business Intelligence Developer can also contribute to increased productivity.
- Overwhelmingly, individuals with a Microsoft MCITP Business Intelligence Developer have an advanced level of knowledge, expertise and skill, and command more professional credibility.
- Individual students may receive college credits to utilize tuition reimbursement programs for their IT training or to complete college coursework.
- Employer-funded training and certification programs are a key to retaining skilled staff. Career development and advancement opportunities are shown to significantly reduce rates of employee turnover.
- Microsoft MCITP Business Intelligence Developer certification Training Programs provide benchmarks for hiring and promotion decisions by accurately assessing technical skills.
- For-certification training programs maximize educational investments through immediate validation of skills.
Microsoft certification affords special membership benefits
- Technical information, product information and exclusive discounts on products and services through a secured section of the Microsoft website.
- Microsoft logos and certificate for your personal promotion to clients or potential employers.
- Invitations to Microsoft conferences and other educational opportunities.
Other accelerated training providers rely heavily on lecture and independent self-testing and study.
Effective technical instruction must be highly varied and interactive to keep attention levels high, promote camaraderie and teamwork between the students and instructor, and solidify knowledge through hands-on learning.
HBFITES provides instruction to meet every learning need, including
- Intensive group instruction
- One-on-one instruction attention
- Hands-on labs
- Lab partner and group exercises
- Question and answer drills
- Independent study
The pre-requisite for the MCITP BID is the MCTS Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Business Intelligence - Implementation and Maintenance. Exam 70-445.
- Overview of Business Intelligence
- Overview of Business Intelligence Architecture
- Planning a Business Intelligence Project
- Determining Business Intelligence Requirements
- Revising and Updating a Business Intelligence Project
- Overview of Business Intelligence Development
- Managing Business Intelligence Development
- Determining Data Management Process
- Determining Infrastructure Requirements
- Planning for Scalability and Availability
- Overview of Business Intelligence Operations
- Managing Maintenance and Operations Tasks
- Managing Data Archiving
- Managing Business Intelligence Operations for Business Continuity
- Identifying Data Sources and Destinations
- Evaluating Source Data
- Identifying Staging Requirements
- Planning Packages
- Planning Package Development
- Designing Package Control Flow
- Understanding Data Flow
- Designing Data Flow Operations
- Handling Data Changes
- Logging ETL Operations
- Handling Errors in SSIS
- Implementing Reliable ETL Processes with SSIS
- Monitoring SSIS Performance
- Optimizing SSIS Packages
- Scaling Out SSIS Packages
- Deploying SSIS Packages
- Operating an SSIS Solution
- Planning an Analysis Solution
- Identifying Requirements and Constraints
- Designing and Implementing a Relational Database Schema
- Designing and Implementing a Cube
- Designing and Implementing Perspectives
- Designing Physical Storage
- Partitioning Relational Data
- Partitioning Multidimensional Data
- Implementing Calculated Members
- Implementing Named Sets
- Implementing Scoped MDX Scripts
- Key Performance Indicators
- Considerations for Analysis Services Resource Requirements
- Stored Procedures
- Considerations for Analysis Services Scalability
- Deploying an Analysis Services Database
- Considerations for Analysis Services Availability
- Monitoring Analysis Services
- Managing Analysis Services Security
- Introduction to Data Mining
- Optimizing Performance
- Implementing a Data Mining Solution
- Using Data Mining in a BI Solution
- Evaluating Business Requirements for a Reporting Solution
- Designing for Reporting Services
- Developing Reports
- Developing Report Models
- Integrating with Custom Applications
- Controlling Reporting Services by Using Web Services
- Deploying a Reporting Services Solution
- Managing Report Distribution
- Designing an Authentication Strategy
- Designing an Authorization Strategy
- Designing a Secure Communication Strategy
- Designing a Report Execution Strategy
- Scaling Reporting Services
- Exam 70-446
This course prepares you to sit the following exam
Exam 70-446: PRO: Designing a Business Intelligence Infrastructure by Using Microsoft SQL Server 2005
Exam topics covered
The following list includes the topic areas covered on this exam. The percentage indicates the portion of the exam that addresses a particular skill.
- Planning BI Solutions (15 percent)
- Designing SSIS Solutions (21 percent)
- Designing SSRS Solutions (14 percent)
- Designing SSAS Solutions (22 percent)
- Deploying and Optimizing SSAS Solutions (15 percent)
- Designing Data Mining Solutions (13 percent)
HBFITES offers top-quality technical education and certification training in an all-inclusive course package specifically designed for the needs and ease of our students. We attend to every detail so our students can focus solely on their studies and certification goals.
Our Certification Programs includes
- Intensive Hands-on Training Utilising our (Lecture | Lab | Review)TM Delivery
- Comprehensive Study Materials, Program Courseware and Self-Testing Software
- Fully instructor-led program with 24 hour lab access
- Examination vouchers *
- On site testing **
- Accommodation, All Meals; Unlimited Beverages, Snacks and Tea/Coffee
- Transportation to/from designated local railway stations/Airports
- Examination Passing Policy