This course provides technical training to Cisco service provider customers so that they can successfully deploy Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) and other tunneling technologies on routers running Cisco IOS XR Software Release 4.0.1. We examine fundamental MPLS and Label Distribution Protocol (LDP) operation and configuration as well as Layer 2 VPNs (L2VPNs), L3VPNs, MPLS Traffic Engineering (MPLS-TE), Multiprotocol BGP (MP-BGP), Resource Reservation Protocol (RSVP), and Any Transport over MPLS (AToM).
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Describe various aspects of implementation of MPLS, LDP, L3VPN, L2VPN, MPLS-TE, and MPLS operations, administration, and maintenance (OAM) in Cisco IOS XR Software Release 4.0.1
- Configure and verify MPLS LDP
- Configure and verify L3VPN, L2VPN, and AToM
- Configure and verify MPLS-TE
- Configure and employ MPLS OAM
- Implement LDP, L3VPN, L2VPN, and MPLS-TE
Following are the prerequisites for this course:
- Students should have knowledge of the Cisco IOS XR Software configuration syntax to the extent covered in the Cisco CRS-1 Essentials, Cisco IOS XR Fundamentals for Network Operations, or Cisco ASR 9000 Essentials course.
- Students attending this class should be able to establish, without assistance, a configuration for Open Shortest Path First Version 2 (OSPFv2), Intermediate System-to-Intermediate System (IS-IS), and Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) with Routing Policy Language (RPL) policies as accomplished in the Cisco IOS XR IPv4 Routing course labs.
- Students must have a basic understanding of MPLS configuration and operation as covered in the Cisco CRS-1 Essentials, Cisco IOS XR Fundamentals for Network Operations, or Cisco ASR 9000 Essentials course.
Who Should Attend
This course is for technical professionals who design, implement, and operate MPLS and other tunnel technologies in a service provider network employing routers using Cisco IOS XR Software.
The following are considered the primary audience for this course:
- Network and senior engineers
- Network operations center (NOC) engineers
- Support engineers
- Module 1: MPLS Technology Introduction
- Module 2: MPLS OAM
- Module 3: MPLS LDP
- Module 4: MPLS L3VPN
- Module 5: MPLS Inter-AS L3VPN
- Module 6: MPLS-TE
- Module 7: MPLS L2VPN
- Lab 1: Setup and Familiarization with the Lab Network
- Lab 2: Implementing MPLS LDP
- Lab 3: Implementing MPLS L3VPNs
- Lab 4: Implementing Inter-AS L3VPNs
- Lab 5: Implementing MPLS-TE
- Lab 6: Implementing MPLS L2VPNs