Implementing Cisco Secure Mobility Solutions (SIMOS) v1.0 is a newly created five-day instructor-led training (ILT) course that is part of the curriculum path leading to the Cisco Certified Network Professional Security (CCNP Security) certification. This course is designed to prepare network security engineers with the knowledge and skills they need to protect data traversing a public or shared infrastructure such as the Internet by implementing and maintaining Cisco VPN solutions. Students of this course will gain hands-on experience with configuring and troubleshooting remote access and site-to-site VPN solutions, using Cisco ASA adaptive security appliances and Cisco IOS routers.
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the various VPN technologies and deployments as well as the cryptographic algorithms and protocols that provide VPN security.
- Implement and maintain Cisco site-to-site VPN solutions.
- Implement and maintain Cisco FlexVPN in point-to-point, hub-and-spoke, and spoke-to-spoke IPsec VPNs.
- Implement and maintain Cisco clientless SSL VPNs.
- Implement and maintain Cisco AnyConnect SSL and IPsec VPNs.
- Implement and maintain endpoint security and dynamic access policies (DAP).
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course are as follows:
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Security certification
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating system
Who Should Attend
The primary audience for this course is as follows:
- Network Security Engineers
Module 1: Fundamentals of VPN Technologies and Cryptography
- Lesson 1: The Role of VPNs in Network Security
- Lesson 2: VPNs and Cryptography
Module 2: Deploying Secure Site-to-Site Connectivity Solutions
- Lesson 1: Introducing Cisco Secure Site-to-Site Connectivity Solutions
- Lesson 2: Deploying Point-to-Point IPsec VPNs on the Cisco ASA
- Lesson 3: Deploying Cisco IOS VTI-Based Point-to-Point IPsec VPNs
- Lesson 4: Deploying Cisco IOS DMVPNs
Module 3: Deploying Cisco IOS Site-to-Site FlexVPN Solutions
- Lesson 1: Introducing Cisco FlexVPN Solution
- Lesson 2: Deploying Point-to-Point IPsec VPNs Using Cisco IOS FlexVPN
- Lesson 3: Deploying Hub-and-Spoke IPsec VPNs Using Cisco IOS FlexVPN
- Lesson 4: Deploying Spoke-to-Spoke IPsec VPNs Using Cisco IOS FlexVPN
Module 4: Deploying Clientless SSL VPN
- Lesson 1: Clientless SSL VPN Overview
- Lesson 2: Deploying Basic Cisco Clientless SSL VPN
- Lesson 3: Deploying Application Access in Clientless SSL VPN
- Lesson 4: Deploying Advanced Authentication in Clientless SSL VPN
Module 5: Deploying Cisco AnyConnect VPNs
- Lesson 1 Overview of Cisco AnyConnect VPNs
- Lesson 2 Deploying Basic Cisco AnyConnect SSL VPN on Cisco ASA
- Lesson 3 Deploying Advanced Cisco AnyConnect SSL VPN on Cisco ASA
- Lesson 4 Deploying Cisco AnyConnect IPsec/IKEv2 VPNs
- Lesson 5 Deploying Advanced Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting in Cisco AnyConnect VPNs
Module 6: Deploying Endpoint Security and Dynamic Access Policies
- Lesson 1: Implementing Host Scan
- Lesson 2: Implementing DAP for SSL VPNs
Module 2 Lab 1: Implement Site-to-Site Secure Connectivity on the Cisco ASA
Module 2 Lab 2: Implement Cisco IOS Static VTI Point-to-Point Tunnel
Module 2 Lab 3: Implement DMVPN
Module 3 Lab 1: Implement Site-to-Site Secure Connectivity Using Cisco IOS FlexVPN
Module 3 Lab 2: Implement Hub-to-Spoke Secure Connectivity Using Cisco IOS Flex VPN
Module 3 Lab 3: Implement Spoke-to-Spoke Secure Connectivity Using Cisco IOS Flex VPN
Module 4 Lab 1: Implement ASA Basic Clientless SSL VPN
Module 4 Lab 2: Application Access clientless SSL
Module 4 Lab 3: Advanced AAA clientless SSL
Module 5 Lab 1: Implement ASA Basic AnyConnect SSL VPN
Module 5 Lab 2: Configure Advanced Cisco AnyConnect SSL VPN on Cisco ASA
Module 5 Lab 3: Configure Cisco AnyConnect IPsec/IKEv2 VPNs on Cisco ASA
Module 5 Lab 4: Configure Advanced Authentication for Cisco AnyConnect VPN on Cisco ASA
Module 6 Lab 1: Configure Hostscan and DAP for AnyConnect SSL VPNs