This course focuses on a step-by-step framework for completing the initial configuration tasks required to get Cisco Stealthwatch Enterprise up and running. You’ll experience hands-on lab activities that focus on the critical initial configuration steps that allow Stealthwatch to monitor flows and network behavior and to provide insights that you can use to determine the next steps, such as what policies are needed to manage the data presented.
It is strongly recommended to complete the Stealthwatch Foundations training prior to taking this course.
This course is intended for individuals who are responsible for setting up the Stealthwatch System and individuals who are responsible for ongoing maintenance and/or administration of the system, such as:
- Customers are responsible for completing the initial configuration of the Stealthwatch System into their network.
- Channel partners responsible for completing the initial configuration of the Stealthwatch System into a customer network.
- Employees responsible for completing the initial configuration of the Stealthwatch System into a customer network
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Validate network configuration of Cisco Stealthwatch appliances.
- Set base SMC configuration values.
- Use SMC documents and reports to determine if exporters are set up properly.
- Use SMC documents and reports, to determine IP addresses that belong to your organization.
- Place hosts into appropriate host groups.
- Define services and applications.
- Add Stealthwatch users with specific roles.
- Create custom documents.
- Establish response management rules, triggers, and actions.
- Why Stealthwatch?
- The Many User Inter"Faces’ of Stealthwatch
- Stealthwatch Application Validation
- Management Console: Basic Setup
- Hosts and Host Groups
- Classify Services and Applications
- Network Devices and the By Function Host Group
- Policy Management: Group Policy
- Quick Review
- User and Role Management
- Custom Documents
- Response Management
- Review the Web Application: What’s New?
- Wrap Up