In this course, you will take an in-depth look at the Ethernet Routing Switch (ERS) 8000, focusing on the advanced features maintenance and troubleshooting. You will gain hands-on experience building and troubleshooting a resilient switch cluster with the ERS 8000, observing the traffic flow and predictable failure recovery. You will also configure quality of service (QoS) and IP filters on the ERS 8000 R-modules.
Throughout this course you will perform configuration analysis and troubleshoot Layers 1, 2, 3, and 4 utilizing the ERS 8000's maintenance capabilities, including PCAP ping snoop. An IP VPN-Lite network is configured, as is Avaya VENA Enterprise Fabric SPB L2 and L3 VSNs.
You will cover some of the most advanced features of the ERS, including: SPB, VRF-lite, MPLS, IP VPN-lite, RS modules, 10 Gigabit Ethernet, and advanced QoS.
- Familiarity with the basic operation of the ERS 8000
- Good understanding of the ERS 8000 hardware and software functions
- 1. Avaya Ethernet Routing Switch
- 2. ERS Software Release Comparison
- 3. Installation and Setup
- 4. Using the Boot Monitor and Flags
- 5. ERS8600/8300 Chassis Architecture
- 6. Managing the Image and Configuration Files
- 7. Configuring a Network Core
- 8. IP Multicast
- 9. Applying Security
- 10. Diagnostic Commands
- 11. Providing Quality of Experience to Network Applications
- 12. Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)